The Dance in the Deeps
A Clockwork Armada
Quote of the Week
"You're in America now," I said. "Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
--Harry Dresden [Turn Coat, by Jim Butcher]
Joke of the Week
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.
(This recipe requires a bread machine.)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 Tbl. olive oil
- 4 cups bread flour.
- 1 1/3 tsp. sugar.
- 1 1/3 tsp. salt.
- 1 Tbl. yeast.
- Sprinkle corn meal
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Provolone cheese
- 4 cups Spaghetti sauce
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Your toppings of choice.
- Place the dough ingredients in the bread machine, in order the listed.
- Start on dough setting.
- When bread machine cycle finished, turn convection oven on to 375-500 (for regular overs add ~25 degrees). Punch down dough. Remove to floured surface. Cut into four pieces. Make floured balls and put back into machine.
- Spray edges of four pans. Cut bun-pan-paper to size and place into each pan. Sprinkle a little corn meal on each (to reduce sticking).
- Roll or stretch a ball into pan size and shape. Place in pan. Put olive oil on all or just edges of dough (your choice).
- Add sauce, cheese, garlic powder, italian seasoning and toppings.
- Put in oven for 9-15 minutes depending on temperature, oven and tastes.
- Remove from pan. Cut. Serve with olive oil, red wine vinegar, cheese and crushed red peppers.