The Dance in the Deeps
A Clockwork Armada
Quote of the Week
"You're in America now," I said. "Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
--Harry Dresden [Turn Coat, by Jim Butcher]
Joke of the Week
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.
This is a simple recipe for horchata.
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Use a blender to mix the rice and water together. Make sure that the rice gets well broken up.
- Let the mixture soak at room temperature for at least 3 hours. Overnight is better.
- Strain the water into a pitcher. Discard the rice (or start another batch with it. It can be used several times).
- Add the milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Chill and serve with ice. If served warm, it is highly inferior.