The Dance in the Deeps
A Clockwork Armada
Quote of the Week
"You're in America now," I said. "Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
--Harry Dresden [Turn Coat, by Jim Butcher]
Joke of the Week
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.
The Classic. These are great as a standalone dessert, snack, go great with milk, and are excellent peanut butter delivery objects.
- First Set
- 2 Cups Butter
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tlb. Vanilla
- Second Set
- 3 Cups Flour
- 4 Cups Rolled Oats
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 3 Cups Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F (165° C).
- Cream together ingredients from First Set.
- Add ingredients from Second Set
- Mix well.
- Drop (or ball & drop) by the tablespoon on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. (They will continue to firm up after removal from the oven).
- Try to wait 60 seconds before inhaling.