The Dance in the Deeps
A Clockwork Armada
Quote of the Week
"You're in America now," I said. "Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
--Harry Dresden [Turn Coat, by Jim Butcher]
Joke of the Week
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.
This is my wish list as of 10 March 2017. I have been asked why I have such a large wish list in a "Aren't you being greedy?" sort of way. But then I also have people ask me what I want for a birthday, Christmas, going away party, etc. and it's very easy to point them to this list. This is simply a list of things I would like to own.
The items on this list have generally been prioritized. I would rather have the items closer to the top of each subsection, as opposed to the ones on the bottom. However, I would rather have the ones on the bottom as opposed to none at all.
You can find the most recent version of this wish list online at www.cwholemaniii.com/pages/general/wish_list.shtml
- Anything from the Saddleback Leather Company. Top picks: Large "Satchel", "Side Pocket Duffle", and "Beast Duffel Bag". Each in "Dark Coffee Brown."
- Books - See below.
- An Inspire 1 quadcopter.
- Medieval Weapons
- Dominion Card Game
- Cool boxes, barrels, chests and other neat containers
- Chocolate candy.
- Money/Gift Certificates.*
- Penny whistles in the keys of C and B minor (Resource)
- Double Flute in D. (something like this)
(*NOTE: The location of this in my list depends on how much of it there is...)
For the Canon EOS line of cameras.
- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM (Wide angle)
- Sigma "150-500mm f/5-6.3 AF APO DG OS HSM"
- Any of Canon's "UM" lenses, baring the EF 50 USM
- Super telescopic (300-400 or better, with IS)
- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM (Wide angle)
(NOTE: Nice* means leather bound with gold leaf, etc. Click here for example.)
- "Techniques of Medieval Armour Reproduction: The 14th Century" (By Brian R. Price)
- "The Book of the Crossbow" (By Sir Ralph Payne-Gallwey)
- "The Complete Tightwad Gazette" (By 'The Frugal Zealot' A.K.A. Amy Dacyczyn)
- "Boston's Gun Bible" (By Boston T. Party)
- "The Encyclopedia of Country Living" (By Carla Emery)
- "Building With Stone" (By Charles McRaven)
- "The Complete Metalsmith" (By George B. Bridgeman)
- Charles Bargue and Jean-Leon Gerome: Drawing Course
- "The Complete Metalsmith" (By Tim McCreight.)
- "Metal Casting" (By C.W. Ammen)
- "Castles, Battles, and Bombs: How Economics Explains Military History" (By Jurgen Brauer and Hubert van Tuyll)
- "Lyman Reloading Handbook 49th Edition" (Hard cover prefered.)
- "The Languages of Tolkien's Middle Earth" (By Ruth S. Noel)
- "The Theory and Practice of Hell" (By Eugene Kogan)
- "The Looming Tower" (By Lawrence Wright)
- "General Laws of California" 1850-1864 Vol. II (By Theodore H. Hittell)
- "Mein Kompf" Unabridged, and translated. (By Adolf Hitler)
- "Democracy in America" (By Alexis de Tocqueville)
- "The Federalist" Unabridged. (By Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, and James Madison)
- "More Guns Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun-control Laws" (By John R. Lott Jr.)
- "The Further Adventures of Robinson Crusoe" Unabridged. (By Daniel Defoe)
- "Animal Farm" (By George Orwell)
- "Cascade Point and Other Stories" (By Timothy Zahn)
- "Starsong and Other Stories" (By Timothy Zahn)
- "The Green and the Gray" (By Timothy Zahn)
- A nice* copy of "The Hobbit" (By J.R.R.Tolkien)
- "The Icarus Hunt" (By Timothy Zahn)
- "The Silmarillion" (By J.R.R Tolkien)
- "Mistborn" (By Brandon Sanderson)
- "1984" (By George Orwell)
- "Conquerors' Legacy" - The Conquerors Trilogy Book III (By Timothy Zahn)
- A nice* set of "The Chronicles of Narnia" (By C.S.Lewis) Singly or as a set. I already have a paperback set, but wouldn't mind a cool one. Preferably the Easton Press version. Though the Barnes & Noble printing is good too.
- The "Dragonback" Series (By Timothy Zahn) I have #1.
- The "Anne of Green Gables" Series (By Lucy Maud Montgomery)
- "The History of Middle-earth" Series. Volumes 1-12 (Compiled and edited by Christopher Tolkien.)
- Anything on this page. (Tolkien and Middle-earth) [www.elvish.org/resources.html]
- "Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game" 2nd Ed.No
- "XDM: X-treme Dungeon Mastery" (By Tracy Hickman)
- "Dungeons & Dragons: Monster Manual" Version 3.5 (By 'Wizards of the Coast')
- "Dungeons & Dragons: Dungeon Master's Guide" Version 3.5 (By 'Wizards of the Coast')
- "Eclipse Phase" (By Rob Boyle & Jack Graham)
- Any "Pathfinder" books.
- "Encyclopedia Magica" Volume II. (By Wizards of the Coast)
- Any other RPG books.
- "Dungeons & Dragons: Player's Handbook" Version 3.5 (By 'Wizards of the Coast')
- "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Player's Handbook" Version 2 (By 'Wizards of the Coast')
- "Mechwarrior" 2nd edition
- "Car Wars"
- The Pallaium Role-Playing Game"
- "Schlock Mercenary:
- The Tub of Happiness" (By Howard Tayler)
- "The Teraport Wars" (By Howard Tayler)
- "Under New Management" (By Howard Tayler)
- "The Blackness Between" (By Howard Tayler)
- "The Scrapyard of Insufferable Arrogance" (By Howard Tayler)
- Science Fiction
- Metal Working
- .22 semi-auto pistol.
- A Mosin Nagant.
- An NAA "Black Widow" in .22 Magnum with a .22 LR conversion cylinder.
- "Metal Storm" device. (any model)
- A Remington 700 in .308.
- Anything else.
A great place to find Magic: The Gathering cards is TCGPlayer.com As with any build-your-own-deck sort of game, the more the better (ie, I could use multiples of each of these).
- Swamp / Black
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon
- Crypt of Agadeem
- Lord of the Undead
- Undead Warchief
- Zombie Master
- Death Baron
- Malakir Bloodwitch
- Mirri the Cursed
- Necropolis Regent
- Nirkana Cutthroat
- Vampire Nighthawk
- Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
- Gatekeeper of Malakir
- Krovikan Vampire
- Mountain / Red
- Chandra Ablaze
- Chandra, Pyromaster
- Chandra, Pyrogenius
- Koth of the Hammer
- Island / Blue
- Plains / White
- Victory's Herald
- Deathless Angel
- Gift of Immortality
- Angelic Accord
- Archetype of Courage
- Forest / Green
- Primordial Hydra
- Kalonian Hydra
- Hydra Omnivore
- Feral Hydra
- Archetype of Endurance
- Artifacts / Multi Color / Land
- Chromatic Lantern
- Scroll of Avacyn
- Deathpact Angel
- Angel of Despair
- Batwing Brume
- Edge of the Divinity
- Letter Bomb
- A bevy of Raspberry Pis model 3, model 0W, & model 0. (These can be as cheap as $5.)
- Any functional 3D printer
- Google Glass (Not yet available)
- Nexus 9
- An Eye-Fi Pro [www.eye.fi]
- Other electronic "toys" (Tablets, anything from Adafruit, etc.)
- Sketch books, particularly those with leather covers, etc.
- "Stylist" drawing pens. Lots of black. But other colors as well. (Y&C make some good ones.)
- Extra wide dipping calligraphy pen nibs.
- Calligraphy ink in cool colors. (Jars and tubes.)
- Modeling Clay. 1 cubic foot+.
- Blocks of pewter, aluminum, silver, steel, gold and iron.
- Olde English
- Gregorian Chant
- Pier Gynt
- JJ Heller
- "When I'm With You"
- "The Pretty and the Plain"
- "Only Love Remains"
- "Painted Red"
- Hayley Westenra
- "My Gift To You"
- Anything else, including her awesome "Hayley Sings Japanese" works.
"Odyssey: Special Limited Edition"
- Cara Dillon
- "After the Morning"
- "Hill Of Thieves"
- "If I Prove False"
- Mediæval Bæbes
- "Mistletoe and Wine"
- "The Rose"
"Mirabilis" "Salva Nos"
- Miscellaneous Artists
- "Celtic Spirit" # 1-4 (by miscellaneous)
- "Chant Music For Paradise" By (The Cistercian Monks Of Stift Heiligenkreuz)
- "Rhythms" from the "Celtic Music Collection" (By Boann's Clann)
- "Scheherazade Capriccio Espagnol" (By Rimsky Korsakov)
- "Inspired - Give Way" (by GiveWay)
- "Full Steam Ahead" (by GiveWay)
- Brobdingnagian Bards
- "Brobdingnagian Fairy Tales"
- "A Faire To Remember"
- "A Celtic Renaissance Wedding"
- "Memories of Middle Earth"
- Sound Tracks
- "The Chronicles of Narnia"(Any of them.)
- "Harry Potter" (Any of them.)
- "The Two Towers"
- "The Return of the King"
- Table Saw.
- Trip hammer.
- Metal cutting chop saw.
- Hand held grinder.
- Hand held power cutter.
- Other grinders.
- Anything else useful.
- Large, slightly mobile forge.
- Cross Pien Hammers.
- Crucibles. (Made of graphite or ceramic.)
- Furnace (Capable of withstanding temperatures of 3500° F.)
- Gas forge.
- Big anvil. (250 lb. or more)
- Anything else useful.
Note that the movie section is low on my list for a reason.
- "Serenity" (2005)
- "Firefly" The only season. (2002)
- "Stargate SG-1" Seasons 7-10. (Seasons
- "Pushing Daisies" Both seasons.
- "Corner Gas" All seasons.
- "Stargate Atlantis" All 5 seasons. (2003-2008)
- A plot of land. (The bigger the better, but just about any size will do.)
- Tesla Motors, Model 3
- An Elio (This is a car/motorcycle/vehicle/thing) [www.ElioMotors.com ] (Under $7k!)
- A MD4-200, or a MD4-3000 microdrone (A "camera holder" ;-) ) with GPS and a Pdcvc470 [www.microdrones.com]
- A HAL suit
- A Martin Jetpack
- Precious Materials (When these are purchased in small quantities, they can actually be quite affordable):
- Etc, etc, etc.